top of page

Mold Removal

Mold Removal Vancouver - When is it Necessary?

Just how big of a problem is that patch of mold in your home? 


We hate to be the bearers of bad news, but that small patch of mold you can see is usually just the tip of the iceberg. Just below the surface of your home or building you'll discover a much larger mold issue. This is why it's important to get a professional opinion when you discover any area of mold growth in your home or building. 


To compliment our fire and water damage restoration services, we are also certified in mould testing, mold removal, and mold remediation. We work hard to ensure your family is safe from harmful toxins and bad air quality. 

There is always a little mould present in any building, and this does not generally pose a health risk to its occupants. However, once a mould infestation has been detected, cleanup and mold removal (often referred to as "mold remediation") is strongly recommended - regardless of whether the mold is toxigenic or not.

water damage restoration Vancouver - property maintenance and restoration contractors - On Command Services
Property maintenace and restoration contractors - water damage restoration in Vancouver - On Command Services
water damage restoration vancouver - On Command Services Ltd. - property maintenance and restoration contractors

Health risks of living with mold

Mold can pose a variety of health problems for people, especially for individuals with an allergy to mold, existing respiratory problems, or a weakened immune system. The most common mold illness symptoms are associated with a negative respiratory response, however they are definitely not limited to respiratory issues. Some of the most common symptoms of mold exposure include: chronic coughing and sneezing, irritation to the eyes, irritation to the mucous membranes of the nose and throat, rashes, chronic fatigue, and persistent headaches. For individuals with asthma, breathing in mold spores can potentially also trigger asthma attacks. 


In particularly severe cases of prolonged exposure to black mold, health effects can be much more serious. These adverse reactions are often compounded by an allergic reaction to the mold spores, and can include things such as nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the lungs and nose.

Causes of mold growth

Generally speaking, mold grows and thrives in areas that are warm and damp/humid. Most molds will not cause harm, but in large quantities, or when the conditions are right for the mold to produce toxins, adverse health conditions can result. 


Mold often hides in places like cabinets, basements, crawl spaces, drywall, and areas that have suffered water damage. Bathrooms and kitchens are very common breeding grounds for mold spores because of water use and the lack of proper ventilation. 

How to remove mold

On hard surfaces: Mold removal from hard surfaces can normally be achieved by using special cleaning methods developed specifically for eliminating mould. It is very important to strictly follow such cleaning protocols because of the danger of mold spores being released and spreading to other areas of the building during cleanup.


On porous surfaces: Where mold has infested porous or absorbent surfaces, usually the only viable solution is removal and replacement of the material that has been infested. This includes everything from rugs to drywall and wallpaper to ceiling tiles. Where mould has penetrated behind walls and inside building materials, extensive remediation and renovation work may be required.


Don’t allow mold to grow unchecked - the problem will only get worse over time, and your health may very well suffer the consequences. We strongly recommend having a restoration company come in and remove any areas of mold as soon as you become aware of a problem.


If you are concerned about potential mold growth in your home or building, give us a call today to find out more and get a free quote.

(604) 445-2726

bottom of page